Well like always there is something happening in The World’s Luckiest Fishing Village” Destin Florida this Labor Day 2016.
Here is a list of events that are happening leading up to Labor Day, September 5th.
• The 5th Paddle at the Porch– This event is a stand up paddle board race that takes place on the emerald green waters of Destin, right behind the Back Porch Restaurant. It is scheduled for August 20, 2016. It features a Kid’s Fun Race, 1-Mile Beginner, 3-Mile Recreational, 6-Mile elite and new this tear a Relay Races. Races will be followed by awarded. Come enjoy the fun races starting at 9 am.
• Bart Rockett Magic Show– World class Magic, illusions, Ventriloquism & comedy all in an intimate, custom designed, state-of-the -art theater located right in the heart of The Emerald Grande at Harbor walk Village. Bart Rockett is not just a magician, he is an all-around seasoned variety entertainer. The show will start at 8:00 pm on Thursday, September 1st.
• Baytowne Art Walk– Stroll the streets of Baytowne Wharf this Labor Day weekend as you enjoy live music, browse a variety of local art and participate in the live painting competition. This event is Friday September 2, 2016 thru Sunday September 4, 2016.
• Labor Day Concert Celebration – Summer ends with a weekend of family activities, free concerts, and fireworks. There will be live music all weekend.
Saturday – The Sauce Boss-Smoking his slide guitar and singing the blues. While singing he will be cooking a large bowl of spicy gumbo, that everyone gets a taste of at the end of the show.
Sunday- The Bayou Saints – Bringing good soul music from New Orleans. Their sound is unique with a combination of rock, jazz and country. Also on Sunday fireworks will light up the Destin Harbor followed by a fire spinning performance by Just Add Fire on the main stage.
• Crab Island – Don’t forget about Crab Island. Just like Memorial Day weekend, Labor Day weekend be filled with fun for the whole family. Whatever means of transportation you use to get there, you won’t want to miss the end of the season fun at Crab Island.
Labor Day may be the end of the summer season, but summer is far from over. The weather will remain quite warm well into late October. This is a great time to enjoy our beautiful emerald coast when the crowded are not so hectic. We at Wet-N-Wild Watersports will have some great rates on pontoon boat rentals, parasailing and jet ski rentals. Please visit our website at https://destinflboatrentals.com to book a great experience or call us at 850 243-2628. Our friendly staff can’t wait you show you a great time.